KA/NOA Facemask (grey)Regular price 28.00 CHF Save -26.00 CHF
The KA/NOA facemask (masque) is produced exclusively in Italy and is knitted on gauge 18 frames.
Worked with crimping and flexing techniques in a one-piece version, without seams, the mask adapts to the shape of the face for maximum comfort. The elastic laces are all machine-made and can be adjusted by hand.
The outside of the KA / NOA mask is made of Dryarn® yarn, certified to OEKO TEX Standard 100.
Dryarn® is an innovative, high-performance polypropylene microfibre.
- Dryarn® is the lightest fibre that can be found in nature and is 100% recyclable: as an indication, 10 km of Dryarn® weighs just 1 gram and is so light that it will float on water.
- Dryarn® always stays dry: its high surface tension means that water, humidity and sweat are all transported outside the fabric to where they can quickly evaporate: it is 167 times more effective than cotton in this regard. Its insulation capacity is unique, better even than wool. In this way Dryarn® can effectively maintain the body temperature, thus protecting the wearer from both heat and cold.
- Dryarn® is impervious to bacteria, mould, moths, insects or other microorganisms. This produces a high level of hygiene, with the result that no unpleasant odours are generated even after intense physical activity.
- Dryarn® will not absorb stains generated by dirt, which are easily removed using normal detergents. It is resistant to white spirit, acetone and other solvents that may be needed to remove grease stains.
- It is not susceptible to electrostatic charge and does not attract atmospheric dust.
- It does not cause allergic phenomena and is in fact recommended for medical usage: hospital sheets and pillowcases, curtains, gowns and clothing for doctors.
- Dryarn® resists abrasion and breakage: its performance is similar to nylon and far superior to that of other synthetic or natural fibres. It will not suffer any unsightly “pilling” caused by rubbing. It can withstand long-term exposure to light and heat without significant alteration.
- It can be machine-washed at up to 90° without affecting its colours. Dryarn® is also extremely resistant to rubbing, immersion in sea water or contact with highly concentrated solvents.
- Dryarn® is highly stable in dimensional terms, altering by no more than 2% even after repeated washing.
- The fibre is self-extinguishing: when exposed to flames, Dryarn® fabrics will extinguish the fire rather than feeding it. This is just one of the reasons why Dryarn® has been adopted by the Italian army and police forces.
- Dryarn® is an ecological fibre. It is dyed from the outset with solid additives, meaning that no pollutants are released by the dyeing processes. Dryarn® is a 100% recyclable fibre that can be reused as a piece of furniture, then as a car dashboard, then as any plastic object for daily use.
The inner part of the mask is made with Q-SKIN® yarn.
Q-SKIN® Is a nylon 6.6 fibre that incorporates a bacteriostatic agent to help reduce the formation of bacteria that cause odours.
Q-SKIN® is enhanced with special additives based upon silver ions. Bacteria have a negative (-) charge, while silver ions are positive (+): this mechanism allows the silver ions to reduce excessive bacterial flora.
Q-SKIN® fibre is made in Italy to the strictest sustainability standards.
Q-SKIN® fibre is certified to DIN ISO 20743: 10-2007 and JIS L 1902/02 standards.
Q-SKIN® by Fulgar also meets the OEKO TEX STD CLASS I appendix 6 standards.